Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New year

Happy 2007!

I know. I have been slacking. I promise to be better. That is my New Year's resolution. With my nephews off from school this past week and holiday stuff I barely had a moment to myself. And yesterday was a great start to 2007. My crawlspace received a nice healthy dose of water. Stew was going down there anyway to retrieve the Christmas bins so I could undecorate. His, "uh oh Lulu, we got some water down here" started a 12-hour project that included a shop-vac, trips to Goodwill to unload some junk and Target to get bins for more junk and no rest for the wicked. Tonight, after the floor dries, we're planning on putting the rest of the bins down there so my dining room looks less like a storage facility and more like a place we would eat if it had a TV. We lead such an exciting life.

Christmas was fun. Stew and I cheated by opening up a few presents early because we couldn't contain ourselves. Plus, I wanted to wear the jammies i knew were under the tree when I woke up Christmas morning. The only way to do that was to open them Saturday night. Stew got me a whole bunch of Sims 2 expansion packs and I am so addicted that my digital exploits deserve a blog of their own. The Chronicles of Stony Burner and her father, Rad Burner.

Some highlights of my days since I last wrote:

1.) well, Stew unveiled that surprise he has been holding over my head for months now. Christmas night, I was presented with a red bag. Inside the red bag were two envelopes and a wrapped cd. Envelope #1 contained a menu to a restaurant called The View. It had the same logo as the show so I was shocked that stew would give me tickets to see The View. But the logo just happened to be a coincidence. The View is a restaurant in the Marriott hotel in Times Square that spins and overlooks Times Square. The second envelope contained tickets to see Avenue Q. Yay! Dirty puppets. The cd was the soundtrack so we could hear what we were getting ourselves into. The city was a bit crazed but the evening was really fun and nice. I will post pics to my smugmug page soon.

2.) I think I found my invitations. After spending a few hours looking through books with my mom, I finally found something I like online. My mom is against ordering them online eventho they cost way less because there is not store overhead so she insisted we go to a stationery story. It's her dime so fine with me. This store carried the line of invites but did not have the book that contained the sample of the invite. But, they got it in for me within a few days. Just to show you what a rip off everything wedding is. I found the invites online for $189 per 150. That is just the invites, don't even get started on envelopes, response cards, reception cards and placecards. At the store they want $189 per 100. Uhhhhh.... I'm going to mention this to them when I go to order them and I may have to add a few things in like a design on the placecards in order to get a deal but I WILL get a deal.

3.) Unemployment offers training courses for computer programs like PowerPoint, Excel and Access. They are not super in-depth but if you have half a brain you can figure it out. So, I took a PP one because i see that one mentioned a lot. The first day I went the computers weren't working. It took the instructor an hour to get through one slide. I suggested she should reboot the computers but she looked at me like I had six heads. She was probably thinking, "I am the employed one here missy, if you knew anything you would have a job like me." So, after wasting a couple of hours just watching her, the two other ladies an I started a revolt and walked out. When we went back on Thursday the instructor said she rebooted the computers and they were working much better now.

4.) I gained 10 lbs over the holidays. Every year I do my indulgence routine where I avoid the scale for 10 - 12 days during the holidays and eat whatever I want. I have actually been doing this for a while (eating whatever i want). Anyway, in the 2.5 weeks or so of debauchery and scale avoidance, I gained 10 lbs. That is almost a size so believe me, I feel it in my clothes. Lucky for me, once I get my sorry ass back on track, I can lose it almost as fast as I gained it. I already lost 3 since Wednesday. I'll lose it all just in time for PMS week to start when I live on chocolate, salad and carbs. But, with only 195 more days until I have to fit into my dress, I better swap out the carbs and chocolate for more salads and lean meats.

Back to my Sims

No comments: