Thursday, December 14, 2006

All I want for Christmas is some insurance

I have this foot pain.

It really hurts.

This pain travels all the way up the top of my foot, through my ankle and into the core of my shin with every step i take. I don't remember when this pain first occurred or if i did anything to cause it. All I know is it hurts.

And I can't take my insurance-less ass to the doctors because I decided to try my luck this time and reject the COBRA offer because any other time I paid for it, I paid to never use it. Now that I went with a cheap insurance (six months for one month of what COBRA wanted) means I have a $1000 deductible. I already went to the doctor once already and even had to get a script.

It could be a blood clot. In which case I don't want to screw around. Or, it could just be because I sit at this computer for hours at a time with my feet all cocked up beneath me. The veins are looking a bit bulging and the ankle somewhat swollen but that is how this foot has been since I busted it in the 8th grade falling down a flight of cement steps. Yeah, that was graceful. That one slip caused a variety of issues in this leg but busting my right kneecap left that right leg in pristine condition. Go figure. Just lucky I guess.

And yesterday, I thought I was getting a "yeasty beav." I haven't had one in several years and I write that off to not consuming a diet high in chocolate and white carbs. I thought, "oh crap, do you know what a trip to the gyno is going to cost as well as medicine? I may as well start selling my eggs." But alas, I found the itch culprit and everything is fine. However, I did notice my Tylenol with codeine script is running low and Aunt Flow is only a mere 8 days away. So, i have to call my doctor anyway and beg her for a script with hopes she doesn't need to see me first. last time they wanted to see me and i managed to convince her she didn't need my $20 co-pay to write me a script. I literally need 6 pills, enough for two of my worst days. It's not like I'm selling this crap on the street corners. I have hydrocodone and dilaudin for that. That crap gives me a headache and constipates me for weeks.

I am stalking my doctor's office. they said they are open from 8:30 to 4:30 but closed between 12 and 1 for lunch. It's 1:15, where are they? I'd be less apt to do this if I had something else to do but all I have to do is go to the Post Office and stand there in the huge line of people waiting to mail Christmas packages because I have to mail half.com crap who seem to spread out their purchases enough to make me go to the P.O. at least three times a week.

Ohhhhh yes. PMS.

Great, now my doctor's office phone is busy.

Poop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch dude, what about stews insurance? I gots to get me some to or we will both be at the free clinic with the crackheads.

Dr Horder said...

In order to get Stew's insurance we have to be married. We thought long and hard about this, did the math on it and decided against it. The biggest decising factor for me was why was I planning this big huge wedding to have to get married ina coffee shop one Saturday afternoon. If I was at risk of getting kicked out of teh country because my visa was about to expire then we would have done it, no questions. But just to get out of insurance seemed crazy. Of course, who knew I would get really sick and now have some leg issues.