Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I'm obligated to speak the truth

I said something that was mean. I know. That's not really blog worthy. Some people call me "black souled" and perhaps I am sometimes deserving of such a title. And on those days I revel in my meanness. I embrace it lovingly and prepare for a slow waltz. One da, da, da. Two, da, da, da.

So. Yesterday with little else to do, we watched Entertainment Tonight while eating our Chinese feast. This was after I indulged in Extra while exercising. I know. You're laughing that I was watching Extra, right. You wouldn't think of laughing at the fact I was exercising. Anyway, after devoting 28 to their 30 minutes to Britney Spears stories that pervert O'neil and the other one had the audacity to say how they are OBLIGATED to report on Britney news. In other words, "do not send up hate mail for fanning the flames of this girl's demise we're only doing our jobs."

Stew and I both told the TV to suck our asses. Actually Stew was nicer and said "No, you're not. You love it." I believe it was me who said, "suck my ass, bitches." Britney sells and 98% of this world is buyin'. I don't know about you but a good Brit Gone Crazy story can put a smile on my face faster than the smell of turkey bacon in the morning. Even Doctor Phil jumped on the bandwagon (Hey, Maury was legit too for a while). He gave a two part exclusive to ET talking about how he went to the hospital to see Britney. The best was the good doctor saying, "I won't talk about what happened because it's private" and then he went on to tell every detail from the moment he walked through the hospital doors to the time he left.

That's when I let it slip. "I would be really disappointed if she didn't kill herself. I mean all this has to lead up to something. There is no other way it can end." Hahaha! Whoops! Was that out loud?

Go ahead and tell me I am mean. That she is mentally ill and you feel sorry for her. I feel sorry for her too because anyone that has been spiraling THAT out of control for over a year now in the public eye MUST have something wrong with her. It's not like Anna Nicole who popped in out of our lives in various states of crazy. This has been one long wild ride that seems to only get more thrilling as the days past. And if she is indeed that mentally ill then shouldn't someone be having her declared insane and have her locked up a bit until she gets that "in patient help she so desperately needs." Those are Dr. Phil's words not mine.

Stew looked at me like I was some kind of evil. But this is the guy who sat there months ago watching anorexic twins break down on ET. And I wouldn't think this was mean had he not yelled at the TV, "I'll take ya to Vinny's" while balancing a dish on his gut and chewing with his mouth open. Then he laughed so hard at himself that the plate shook uncontrollably. It was a sight. Kinda like when I got Triscuits in my eye and now i get reprimanded when he sees me tilt a bag over my mouth.

And go ahead and tell me it wouldn't be somewhat of a relief to wake up one day and find out Brit is dead. And if that wasn't enough you can watch the two week long coverage of her funeral on ET followed by another two weeks of "what's next for Sean Preston and Jayden James."

No comments: